Trafero is invested in making a community impact and we are here to change lives. One organization that is close to our hearts is The American Cancer Society’s Hope Lodge.
The American Cancer Society Hope Lodge program provides a free home away from home for cancer patients and their caregivers. More than just a roof over their heads, it’s a nurturing community that helps patients access the care they need. Each Hope Lodge community offers a supportive, homelike environment where guests can share a meal, join in the evening’s activities, or unwind in their own private room. Patients staying at a Hope Lodge must be in active cancer treatment and permanently reside more than 40 miles away from their cancer treatment center.
The American Cancer Society Hope Lodge in Cleveland, which opened in 1995, offers 31 guest rooms located near treatment centers in the area.
Each Hope Lodge community offers:
- A supportive environment for patients in cancer treatment and their caregivers
- Close proximity to local cancer treatment centers
- Private guest rooms and bathrooms
- Fully equipped community kitchens for food storage and preparation
- Gathering areas/great rooms and community dining rooms
- Free laundry rooms stocked with supplies
- Outdoor, reflection, or meditation spaces
- A library and/or resource rooms
- TVs and computer access
- Dedicated volunteers helping to ensure a comfortable stay for our guests and frequently cook/provide meals
- Committed staff members providing a nurturing and safe environment for guests
Staff and Volunteers
The Hope Lodge staff are committed to providing a nurturing home away from home for our guests 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Support from volunteers and local organizations is critical to the American Cancer Society’s mission of providing free lodging to cancer patients and their caregivers. Learn more about volunteer opportunities at a Hope Lodge community near you.
Want to help? Click on the link below and see how you can contribute.